SEA is an organization of residents in Southeast Evanston dedicated to preserving the essentially residential character of that portion of Evanston.
Specifically, the purposes of SEA are defined as follows:
- Preserve the essentially residential nature of Southeast Evanston through citizen participation in city planning and zoning.
- Encourage the City to enforce zoning regulations, and propose modifications to those regulations as needed
- Propose solutions to community problems and encourage informed citizen participation in community affairs.
- Serve as a source for community information.
- Advocacy on behalf of Southeast Evanston residents regarding zoning, land use, and historic and environmental preservation.
SEA's members live in the area bordered by South Blvd. to the south, Clark Street to the north, Chicago Avenue to the west, and Lake Michigan to the east, encompassing parts of the First and Third wards.